A Flawless Guide To Ordering A Plaque: 5 Simple Steps.
Our team at Plaque Direct has been designing personalized, professional plaques since 1996 and we pride ourselves on client satisfaction, high-grade materials, and top of the line technology to create a customized plaque to suit both your budget and your needs without sacrificing quality.
Whether you’re in need of a personalized photo memorial plaque, a garden memorial plaque, cemetery plaque or a recognition plaque for a beloved family member, friend or pet to keep their memory alive, or a customized plaque to embody your businesses or institution such as an outdoor plaque or industrial sign, address plaque or an indoor plaque such as an award plaque or wall plaque; our team at Plaque Direct is here to help bring your vision to life in 5 simple steps.
Step 1: Choosing Your Metal
Choosing the ideal metal is first determined by whether it would be displayed outdoors or indoors. The majority of plaques are displayed outdoors on building exteriors such as doors, cemeteries, walls, posts, and gardens to name a few.
For outdoor use, we recommend choosing a stainless steel plaque, which is durable against exposure to all weather elements including salt, water, snow, and direct sunlight with the longevity against rust – making it ideal for both outdoor and indoor spaces.
For Indoor use, we recommend either stainless steel plaques or bronze plaques. There are three striking options available for bronze plaques including the sparkling gold-like classic brass plaque, an antique-styled brass plaque great for law firms, offices and schools as well as a blackened brass plaque showcasing a rich and timeless feel. Brass plaques are a rich addition to any governmental office, firm, school, or hospital as it exemplifies the professional standard of the physical space.
Step 2: Mounting Options
Our team at Plaque Direct offers 5 stress-free installation options for your customized plaque to fit your needs.
- No Mounting Holes: For framed plaques or a self-adhesive installation.
- 2 Mounting Holes: Ideal for smaller plaques for both indoor and outdoor use; The mounting holes can be placed on the top or bottom of a smaller plaque (dependent on size)
- 4 Mounting Holes: Ideal for larger plaques to ensure the plaque will remain securely in place.
- Beveled Edges: Ideal for wall installations; your custom plaque will be fixed upon a wooden frame with invisible screws giving your plaque an esteemed and eye-catching appearance.
- Metal Posts: The single metal post is 30-40 inches long and is ideal for garden signs and trees for plaques up to 10 inches wide.
Step 3: Plaque Sizing & Customized Design
Sizing: At Plaque Direct, we are happy to accommodate any size you desire. However, if you would like help to determine the perfect size for your customized plaque, feel free to contact our helpful team 24 hours a day and we will be happy to assist you. The majority of our clients choose 10 x 8 inches to 12 x 17 inches for memorial plaques, wall plaques, etc. For bench plaques, the standard size is 10 x 3 inches.
Design: “A picture is worth a thousand words” but a perfect design is immortalized when our specialized team of plaque designers creates a customized plaque that you will cherish for a lifetime. Each customized design is a mere additional $15 and is unique to each client based upon their vision. Custom design is never redone to ensure each plaque is distinctive and stands out from the crowd to make a positive and lasting impression.
Your happiness is our first priority! Once we receive your payment, you will receive the first proof of the design within 24 hours. If you would like to make changes to any aspect of your design, we are happy to re-design your plaque as many times as necessary free of charge until you are satisfied with the final product. Plaque Direct will never send the plaque design to production unless and until we have your full approval.
If you would like to provide your own plaque design:
- Please ensure all image files sent to our team of designers are in black color only as well as a “vector” format and NOT jpeg.
- If you have a desired text, please send along the text file instead of a jpeg. (You can easily download the text font via dafont.com for free.)
Furthermore, we specialize in custom laser etching. This technology enables the engraving of photographs, logos, or texts and is far more cost-effective than knife engraving.
How to commemorate your loved ones:
- A laser-etched photograph is a great option to commemorate your loved ones on memorial plaques, tree plaques, and park benches.
- The following lines are a great way to commemorate your loved ones through text:
- “Time may pass and fade away but memories of you will always stay”
- “Always in my heart.”
- “Gone but never forgotten“
- “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart.”
- “It has been said, ‘time heals all wounds.’ I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.”
- “To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.”
- “Silently, one by one, in the infinite meadows of heaven,
- Blossomed the lovely stars, the forget-me-nots of the angels.”
- “Wherever a beautiful soul has been, there is a trail of beautiful memories.”
- “Say not in grief, ‘he is no more’ but in thankfulness that he was.”
- “I will hold you in my heart until I can hold you in heaven.”
- “We carry you with us always, everywhere we go.”
- “Death leaves a heartache no one can heal. Love leaves a memory no one can steal.”
- “Your love will light our way. Your memory will forever be with us.”
- “What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose”
- “In memory of a faithful friend and companion.”
- “A life that touches others goes on forever.”
- “I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and loved today.”
- “Happy trails to you, until we meet again”
- “Perhaps they are not stars in the sky, but rather openings where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy.”
- “Because I have loved life, I shall have no sorrow to die.”
- “In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.”
- “Life is eternal; and love is immortal; and death is only a horizon; and a horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.”
- “If I am to wear this mourning cloak, let it be made of the fabric of love, woven by the fine thread of memory.”
- “There is no such thing as death. In nature nothing dies. From each sad remnant of decay some forms of life arise.”
- “It matters not how a man dies, but how he lives.”
- “He who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present than the living man.”
- “A heart of Gold stopped beating, two shining eyes at rest. God broke our hearts to prove, He only takes the best.”
- Cart & Checkout
You’re done! Please be sure to review the details of your order in your cart and once you have double-checked, click “Proceed to Checkout” to finalize your order.
- You’re Finished!
In a few simple steps, your order is now complete! Congratulations on your one-of-a-kind specialized plaque. Within 24 hours, you will receive your design proof from our design team! Creating your own metal engraved plaque couldn’t be easier with our simple and user-friendly 5 steps online process!
Customer satisfaction is our main priority. Here you can see a few references from our customers about their experience with us.
To see live how simple our online ordering system is, visit our link below: